Green Clay has amazing drawing properties and can be used both for consumption and topically to encourage healing.
In nature, animals will often choose to drink muddy water rather than clean water as the mud has therapeutic properties.
Green Clay has been used for thousands of years for promoting health in animals and humans.
The best clays are found 40-60 meters below the ground surface and contain only natural materials with no chemical additives.
They are rich in magnesium and trace elements, iron oxide and organic plant matter which give clay its nutritional benefits for detoxification and to maintain and support the mineral levels in the body.
Used internally, the clay will absorb toxins in the body, immobilize them and pass out of the body with the toxins attached.
Used topically, the clay helps prevent infections and provide a protective layer for the wound. It helps stop festering and encourages formation of new healthy skin.
Our 100% natural Green Clay contains magnesium, selenium, calcium, potassium, silica, manganese, phosphorous, silicon, copper, aluminium and zinc.
Clay has a long history of use in herbal medicine, where it is recommended to be good for or nutritionally support many things:
- Maintain and support healthy mineral levels
- Natural detoxification of heavy metals and chemicals (including pesticides & herbicides)
- Supports intestinal system in the elimination of toxins
- Improve digestion and latent energy in your animal
- Reduces pain and infection in open wounds and speeds up healing by increasing blood flow to the area
- Protects open wounds from getting infected (perfect for horses that like to roll in dirt or cats that can’t be treated too often)
- Help with ulcers, chronic pain and split hooves
- Maintain and support healthy skin
- Poultice for hoof abscesses
- Insect repellent / flea powder especially when mixed with neem powder
- Sun screen
- Suspensory Injuries
- For working / competition horses: applied topically as a thick paste to the legs after work it will draw out the heat and keep the legs healthy
- Sore muscles and sprains: applying a clay paste will increase blood circulation and relieve pain & stiffness
- Diarrhea: offered for self-selection, animals with diarrhea will often select green clay to detoxify their system and bring their gut back in balance. Especially foals and calves benefit massively from having a bucket of green clay in their reach
External Application: For weeping wounds apply powder directly. To protect wounds mix to thick paste with distilled/mineral water & apply topically
Feeding Guide: Offer by hand for self-selection
or add a handful to a bucket of water or mix 2 scoops with water into a soup consistency & add to feed
- apply to wounds to heal them faster
- use as face mask, it will absorb impurities from the skin, revitalize the complexion, and tighten pores.
- Use as body mask, its toning action stimulates the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells, brilliant against cellulitis